Want to cook a quick and tasty dish? of Chef Cyril Lignac has its own special recipe, that of fish and chips ! A real institution in England for a hundred years, that baked and fried fish, accompanied by chips, treats small and large as good. What makes it special, the tender fish flesh and its beautiful crunchy crumbs.
Fish and chips by Cyril Lignac: a delicious recipe and much less fatty
We will not lie to each other fish and chips is fat, is caloric (approximately 255 calories per 100 g). However, it can be easily prepared using less rich ingredients. In his recipe chef Cyril Lignac uses tricks and favors healthier alternatives: to get a softer, less greasy donut dough, it includes cottage cheese and to fry the fish it recommends grape seed oil, which is much healthier than the classic frying oil. And because fish and chips are traditionally served with a sauce, Cyril Lignac makes a creamy sauce that has nothing to envy for the tartar sauce. Here, too, he uses cottage cheese, a little fresh cream, lime juice to give it a boost and herbs (garlic, onions and chickpeas) to enjoy everything.
Do not go to London without eating fish and chips pic.twitter.com/CXYCkgDEsz
– Catherine Philippe (@ Catheri59279099) May 13, 2022
Easy fish and potato recipe by Cyril Lignac
For 4 people you need:
- 4 cod fillets
- 100 gr flour
- 15 g baking powder
- 50 g of corn starch
- 75 g of cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 12 cl of water
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lime
- Some branches of chickpeas
- Grape seed oil
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, cottage cheese, egg and water until you get a soft donut dough.
- Dip the fish into the dough on each side.
- In a saucepan heat the hot grape seed oil to 180 ° C.
- Dip pieces of fish in it and let simmer and fry for 5 minutes. Turn them over and drain them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Chop onions, chickpeas and garlic. Book.
- In a bowl mix 3 tablespoons Fromage blanc, 2 tablespoons fresh cream, the juice of one lime, onion, chickpeas and minced garlic. You get a fresh and creamy sauce for your fish, which differs from the classic tartar sauce.
- Place the fish and chips on a plate and then add the sauce next to it. Enjoy!
Which fish to make fish and chips?
To achieve a good one Fish and chips, cod is certainly the most recommended fish. Prefer it in fillet form so that you have a soft fish that will contrast with the crunchy dough. If you like fish that has more flavor, red seeds will be most suitable. For those who want to experience Irish fish and chipschoose skates which is a lean fish with white flesh.
Where do Fish and Chips come from?
of Fish and chips found its roots in England in the 19th century. Since 1850, this dish has become a national symbol and a fast food base in England. 250 million fish and chips would be sold annually in the UK. This means! Without a doubt, it is in London that you will eat the best.
Fish and chips: what accompaniment?
No wonder, with fish and chips, we eat chips. It is essential. We can not deviate from it. But that is not all. To accompany this mythical dish, tartar sauce must also be present. You can buy it ready-made or make it yourself.
Bolognese linguine with vegetables by Cyril Lignac: recipe that delights our hearts!
Peach Melba by Cyril Lignac: gourmet and refreshing recipe that is extremely simple to make
Sweet Tabbouleh by Cyril Lignac: an original and gourmet recipe with seasonal fruits